Did you know?
- Getting lost is the #1 cause of death for pets
- 1 in 3 pets goes missing during its lifetime
- Without ID, 90% of pets never return home
Microchipping provides the peace of mind that you’ve given your pet the permanent, lifetime ID he needs for the best chance to come home. A microchip is much more reliable than a collar and a tag because there is no chance it will fall off. The microchip is a permanent ID that links your pet to you.
Here’s how it works:
- The microchip is inserted with a simple injection and causes no more discomfort than a vaccination. The HomeAgain microchip is designed to make sure it does not move.
- Then, simply enroll your pet’s ID code along with your contact information. Enrolling is what makes it possible for your pet to be positively identified.
- If your pet is taken to an animal shelter or clinic, the staff will scan the microchip to read its unique ID code.
- The staff will then call the appropriate registry with your pet’s identification ID code.
- As soon as your contact information is retrieved, you will be contacted and arrangements will be made to reunite you with your pet.
Mountain View Veterinary Services offers prescription diets and nutritional counseling for your pets. Why is this important? Pets are living longer, healthier lives than ever before largely due to our expanded knowledge regarding the importance of proper nutrition to overall health. Nutrition is the biggest health variable controlled by your pet’s caregiver. During your pet’s physical examination, we can evaluate his or her body condition and give recommendations based on what we see. We can offer nutritional counseling appropriate for the life stage of your pet, illness-related diets, weight loss, and allergy-related food concerns. We carry a diverse inventory of prescription foods. If your pet requires a prescription diet that we do not carry, we may be able to order it for you.
Our commitment to your pet’s health is reflected in our fully stocked in-house pharmacy. When it comes to prescription medications, accurate dosage and administration is of utmost importance. We will also provide you with detailed instructions on the medication’s use, discuss any side effects or interactions and even administer the first dose for you if possible.
Within our pharmacy, we maintain a comprehensive inventory of prescription and over-the-counter medications, vitamins, shampoos, flea and tick control products and heartworm preventatives to meet the needs of you and your pet.
Did you know that most products bought through online pharmacies are not guaranteed by the pharmaceutical companies? When you get medications directly from your Veterinarian if any issue should arise with the product many pharmaceutical companies will pay for testing and treatment for illness and parasites.
Did you know that Refills are easy too – simply give us a call or submit a request online.
For many pet owners, even thinking about their pet’s final days is difficult and emotional. Our animals are a part of our family. It is a strong, bond that makes this time particularly hard to bear.
We encourage you to talk with our Veterinarian Healthcare Team about these issues before they become an urgent matter. Taking the time to plan, as challenging as it may be, will lessen the pain and stress for you and your pet.
All of us at Mountain View Veterinary Services will do our best to help you prepare for these important issues with the compassion and sensitivity they require.
Blog Topic Library
View our extensive blog topics in our online library.